Wednesday 26 October 2016

You Are What You Eat

"You are what you eat" lay down on the stall and winked. "This is how we pull them in on market day" she smiled. I'd seen some art in my time but this took the lemon! My guitar had broken down outside Danville and I hitched a ride on an open-tuned auto harp."We grow much of the produce ourselves or else source it locally as far as we can". I was down on my luck and weary from travelling. "I'm a body painter too, my studio's down the road - you look like you need some refreshment!" she called. I admit the offer was tempting but i was appearing on Facebook later that evening and had to turn the lady down! On my way, I was stopped by a car with a flashing light - I swear those uniforms were body painted! I was painted from head to foot with bare walls and bars and told to stand in one place. You never get to know your crime in Danville and anyway "You are what you eat" did the painting!

Text by Trev Teasdel








No comments:

Post a Comment